Using Music Theory to Connect Scales, Songs, and Riffs Together to Achieve Your Goals
Too much information? There are 1000’s of songs, chords, scales, and riffs and you can’t learn them all! You need a system that lets you take control and helps you …
- Make intelligent choices about what to learn.
- Understand why and how things work and relate them to what you already know.
- Figure out and compose songs, as well as solos, jamming, etc.
Take Control for Guitar contains short, to the point chapters with real world examples from over 30 years of playing and teaching professionally.
- THEORY – shows how scales, chords, and modes are built and function together so you can understand how and why your music works. (All you need to know can fit on a file card!)
- CHORDS – don’t try to learn 1000’s of chords! Learn to read and understand what the name is telling you and modify 6 basic forms to get almost a thousand chords! (936, in the summary)
- SCALES – why struggle? You can cover half the neck with only 2 positions in any key! (page 93)
Most important, this system is simple! You can learn it all visually, with pictures (like a lot of pro’s do), instead of struggling with endless theory. The total amount you need to learn can be less than 2 pages! (They’re in the summary.)
Jim Beckwith, an alumnus of the University of New Orleans and Berklee College of Music, has taught and played professionally in the New Orleans’ area for over 30 years. Thousands of people ages 5 to 80+ have learned to play the guitar using the simple systems he developed.
OF ONE LESSON, YOU CAN TOO!
Click Here To Download Audio Files